Monday 4 January 2010

God’s ways are best

DAILY BYTE


Happy New Year!
As you embark on this New Year, as you make your plans for all that you hope to accomplish in 2010, have you considered what God may be asking of you? And whatever it may be, do you trust that God’s ways really are best?
There’s a great story that illustrates this truth in a humorous way.
A man who was sitting quietly under the shade of a great oak tree one day. Nearby a pumpkin vine was growing. As he looked at the large pumpkins growing on the vine, and then up at the small acorns growing on the oak tree, he thought to himself, ‘God really got this one wrong. He put the large pumpkins on a spindly pumpkin vine, while the little acorns he put on a massive oak tree. If I were God I’d do it the other way around. I’d put the big pumpkins on the strong oak tree, and the small acorns on the spindly vine.
And he felt very pleased with himself and not a little bit smug about his improvement on God’s creation. Just then the wind rustled through the tree and dislodged an acorn that fell and hit the man smack on his head. As he rubbed his head he thought, ‘Suppose a pumpkin had been up there instead of an acorn! Thank God that God’s ways are best.’

SCRIPTURE READING


‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord. ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.’ (Jeremiah 29:11

PRAYER

Thank you Lord that your ways are best. Thank you that you have plans for my life that really are for my blessing and benefit. Help me to trust that this new year. Amen

No comments: